Board of Education
Business Advisory Council
Brookfield Parent Association (BPA) Meeting Minutes
Minutes for 2/4/2020
1. Treasurer Report - current balance is at $19,200.00. No outstanding balances. We paid out $350.00 towards the senior breakfast, $20.00 for bottled water for Read a Thon, and $300.00 for Read a Thon prizes.
Upcoming events for this month
1. Carnation sales for the entire school began last week. Orders will be also taken during all lunches this Wednesday and Thursday. Flowers are $1.00 each and will be delivered to your friend on Valentine's day. This Thursday will be the last day for orders. We will be meeting at the school on Thursday at 1pm to count and separate the cards by classroom and child so please come help if you can!
2. The Valentine elementary parties will be on the 14th from 10:30 to 11:30. There are still some classrooms looking for volunteers in 3rd and possibly 2nd so please contact your grade chair if you are able to help! Grade chairs your list of volunteers are needed ASAP to turn into the office. Please contact Brynn if you haven't done so by now. Middle school and high school will be getting there lunch time treat.
3. Due to Daffins schedule we will be holding our Daffins Spring Fundraiser starting 2/17 and orders will be due 2/28. Delivery will be on 4/3.
4. Due to pricing issues the Family Dance has been cancelled. Due to lack of volunteers to run the event we were looking to outsource it locally. The cost of doing so would make ticket prices unreasonable for some families. Gym availability is limited with the school and most members want to enjoy the event with their families and not have to work it.
5. The idea of moving End of School year party for elementary to a different location was a no go with the school so we are back to holding it on Thursday May 28 at the school. We will mostly keep the past events with bounce park, dj and Kona Ice, movie time, with possibly moving field games to the gym and having a petting zoo outdoors.
6. A number of board positions will be open this coming May so please consider running for a seat. Nominations will be taken at the April meeting.
Next meeting Tuesday March 3rd at 6pm.
View text-based website