Board of Education
Business Advisory Council
Brookfield Parents Association (BPA)
Minutes from 11/12/19
- Treasurer reports that we have a current balance of $19,000.00 after paying out the invoice for the fall fundraiser, the middle school Halloween dance, bookfair, YSU high school journalism trip, $500 towards the junior achievement, Christmas pageant for elementary and bussing for the 5th grade field trip.
- Greeting card fundraiser due tomorrow and Texas Roadhouse due 11/18. It was brought up to try and combine the fundraisers next year to lesson the financial burden on families.
- Trunk or Treat suggestions were brought up for next year such as trying to come up with a different voting method for best car, having options at cars for kids with allergies, and to recommend that the car volunteer hand out the candy to better control their supply. Also we have reached our max capacity at 65 cars so as it grows we will have to limit the number of cars.
- Middle School dance went well. It is being discharged to separate the dance next year to have times for 5th and 6th and times for 7th and 8th.
- Scholastic bookfair was down this year by around $600 compared to last fall and down $550 compared to last spring. Not sure if this is due to the large amount of fundraisers currently happening or because we raised the amount for students in elementary and middle school to receive a free $8 book. We currently have $7500 in scholastic dollars as we receive 50% back in scholastic dollars compared to 20% if we opt for cash prifit so looking to either raise to a free $10 book or do a cash profit in the future. Also all volunteers who sign up for bookfair will be required to attend a training meeting.
- Limo lunch prize from the fall fundraiser will be on Monday November 25. Starting at 11 am these children will be taken by limo to Laddies for a buffet lunch. The kids who qualified will receive a notice soon. We will start with the 15 middle school kids and follow in groups of the 30 elementary kids who qualified. Volunteers will be needed to ride with the kids in the limo and to be at the restaurant to supervise.
- Just an FYI for 1st grade parents, the Thanksgiving Feast will be on Tuesday November 26 in the morning.
- Santa Workshop will be held December 9, 10, and 11. Set up on Sunday the 8th and tear down in Thursday the 12. Sign up sheet was passes around but a few time slots are still available for 12/9 and 12/11 if you wish to volunteer.
- Mr D's has started a program similar to boxtops. By buying their store brand "Best Yet" and cutting off the UPC bar these can be turned into the school. As boxtop is now a digital app, you can still scan receipts to get credit to the school but the Mr D's could help replace the funds we will lose from holding boxtop competitions.
- Looking into doing a valentines carnation sale where kids can order a carnation for their friends to be delivered on valentines day.
- Family Dance scheduled for Friday February 28th.
- It is being discussed to either switch yearbook companies or to do away with elementary yearbooks. We have been losing a lot of money with the current company and pictures are not being submitted. A committee was formed to look into other options and a decision will be made at the December meeting.
- Next major event will be Christmas Party on December 20th at 1:00. Grade chairs please start planning your events for your grade. Middle and high school cookies will also be passed out this day. Brandy will get an accurate student count.
At this point I left the meeting to attend a different meeting so if I missed anything super important I promise to add it in a separate post! Thanks and goodnight!
View text-based website