To make it easy to remember in a stressful situation, ALICE is broken up into five strategies: Alert; Lockdown; Inform; Counter and Evacuate.
- The purpose of ALERT is to notify as many people as possible within the danger zone that a potentially life threatening risk exists.
- The purpose of LOCKDOWN is to secure in place, and prepare to EVACUATE or COUNTER, if needed.
- The purpose of INFORM is to continue to communicate the intruder’s location in real time.
- The purpose of COUNTER is to interrupt the intruder and make it difficult or impossible to aim. This is a strategy of last resort.
- The purpose of EVACUATE is to remove yourself from the danger zone when it is safe to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about ALICE:
Age Appropriate Materials and Video Information regarding ALICE:
Note: The BLSD will be using the "I'm not Scared, I'm Prepared" text for elementary training.
Parents & Guardians, please remember that training has been designed with students age/maturity in mind. Anyone with questions or concerns is urged to contact the appropriate building principal.
Student training materials:
ALiCE - B.E.
ALiCE - B.M.S.
ALiCE - B.H.S.